Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Blue Cheese Stuffed Pepperdoo, An Easy Holiday Appetizer


My dear friend, Laurel, introduced me to blue cheese stuffed pepperdoos and after the first taste, I was hooked!


Sweet and spicy with the robust bite of blue cheese, these pretty little appetizers are bursting with flavor. Party guests go nuts over them and I get immediate requests for the recipe. These are simple to make, so let's get started.

There are two ways you can make these. The first is to simply use a spoon to stuff them with blue cheese crumbles. I fancy them up a bit, however, and pipe my blue cheese into the pepperdoos. To do this I buy around a 10oz wedge of good blue cheese to fill 32 pepperdoos. You can find pepperdoos in the "Olive Bar" at most high end grocery stores.




I put the crumbles in my mixer and bring them to room temperature.


Next, I add a splash of heavy whipping cream and whip until the consistency of spreadable bakery icing, adding more cream as needed while you whip. I'd say I've used around 1/4 cup total off cream for this batch.


Using a spatula, I fill the whipped blue cheese into a pastry bag with a large star tip.


Place the pastry tip into the hole of the pepperdoo and fill it with your whipped blue cheese until you get a star on the top. 


When you've finished filling all your pepperdoos, arrange them on a platter.


You can stop here if you wish, but I like to add some extra color by garnishing with fresh minced chives. 



I simply sprinkle the minced chives over the top and now I have an amazingly delicious & festive appetizer!



I use a few extra sprigs of fresh chive to decorate the plate, because I'm a "more is more" kinda gal and can't help myself. 


Time to sample my work. 

Enjoy! 

~The Lemonista

linked to:
French Country Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment