Saturday, February 11, 2012

Accenting With Color

We are moved into the new house. Phew. Let's hope we don't move again for a very long time because that was a ton of work.  As we settle into our new house, I find myself very emotional about the little house we left behind.  It was a great house, in a great neighborhood, and both will be deeply missed.

I've begun decorating the new house, and while this will be a very long process, I thought I'd share one of my first projects today.

My new kitchen had a broom closet door that was left unfinished.  Everyone seems to comment on this door when they pop in to take a peek at the house.  "You gonna paint that door, Erin?" Wink.

I gave the door a lot of thought.  I considered leaving it as is, staining it, pickling it, and finally painting it.  At first I thought I'd paint it white like the rest of the kitchen cabinets, but the kitchen is so neutral in color, that I felt like a punch of color would help tighten up a huge wall and give the eyes something to soak in.

The color is Sea Green by Restoration Hardware in the subtle velvet finish.  I just love how this turned out!

I also added a large Mackenzie Childs Taylor ball knob to match my dishes.


Perfection :-)

Oh, and remember the Civil War picture frame that I got for my husband last Christmas?

Only took me a year and two months, but I finally got around to framing the photo I had in mind.

More home decorating to come but I've got a stack of boxes calling my name first.

~The Lemonista

8 comments:

  1. Love that color on the door. Did not know that Restoration Hardware sold paint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the door! Cannot wait to see more of the new house! So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the door, love your floors, love your counters! Looks like your new home is beautiful Erin. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the detail work on that door alone is so cute for a kitchen!! andrea@townandprairie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just what that door needed - a little "Erin touch"! Love the knob!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the door, Erin, and congratulations on your new home. Will look forward to more decorating posts! And I love the picture and frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hadn't realized you moved, good luck! Did you bring the lemon tree?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving you door, the Sea Green is so pretty. Love the knob. Now you have one heck of a really cute broom closet! Your civil war frame is a treasure! Love the picture inside. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday’s Best Par.tay!

    ReplyDelete