Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Turkey Focaccia Bread Sandwich w/ Roasted Garlic Mayo!

Oh, how I enjoy a great sandwich!

I met my husband while waiting tables at Marie Callender's in college.  One of our favorite items on the menu (besides pie!) was this tasty turkey Focaccia sandwich.  19 years later, I'm still making this sandwich.  Hope you enjoy it too!

You will need.

Roasted turkey breast, romaine lettuce, roasted red peppers, Italian Focaccia bread & roasted garlic mayo.

I start by making the roasted garlic mayo.  Slice the top off of a head of garlic and place it into a baking dish.  Drizzle the top of the garlic with olive oil, cover and bake at 400 degrees for 45 min.  The garlic should look golden brown when roasted.




To make the mayo, squeeze the roasted garlic out of its shell into a small food processor or blender, being careful not to get any of the paper skin. The heads should just pop out.




Add one cup good quality mayo, such as Best Foods brand.


Blend until combined.


Scrape into a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.


Next, slice your Frocaccia bread horizontally.  I get my Frocaccia bread at the grocery store bakery.


Brush both sides with olive oil.


And toast the oiled side of bread in skillet.




Slice desired amount of romaine lettuce and roasted red peppers.




Slice desired amount of turkey breast.  I use the rotisserie turkey breast from the grocery store deli.


To assemble the sandwich, spread both sides of bread with the roasted garlic mayo.


Layer the one side with sliced turkey breast.


Layer on the sliced roasted red peppers.


Layer on the romaine lettuce.


Place other half of bread on top of sandwich.




I know it's hard to tell scale in photos, but this is a 12 inch plate, so this is a huge sandwich!
I cut the sandwich in half.


Added toothpicks and cut the sandwich in half again.


Serve this up with some chips or an Italian pasta salad! Sooooooooooooo good!


Enjoy!

~The Lemonista

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, this is too funny. I'm making these sandwiches for my family tomorrow. I googled turkey focaccia and found this and you. This was my favorite sandwich when I worked there as well. I wanted to make sure I had the garlic mayo down. Thanks. Tell Mike we said hello and have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    Greg and Heather Liu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Greg! So nice to hear from you! It's a small world, isn't it? :-) I'll pass along your sentiments to Mike. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the sandwich (I agree that the garlic mayo is key). ~Erin

    ReplyDelete