Saturday, February 12, 2011

Need an idea for Valentine's Day breakfast? Try these Chocolate Croissants from Trader Joes!


I was strolling through Trader Joes http://www.traderjoes.com/  with my daughter Thursday evening, looking for anything easy and new to add to my menu.  While reaching for the blueberries in the freezer section, a box of frozen chocolate croissants caught my eye. 

I must admit that I didn't have high expectations, but figured I'd give these a whirl.  They came out of the box rather lack-luster.  Following the instructions I placed them on a parchment lined cookie sheet before I went to bed and let them rise overnight.  When the sun rose, I crawled out to the kitchen in search of my morning coffee.  Low and behold the croissant had made an amazing transformation!  Impressed, I grabbed the box to check the directions.  A quick brush with egg-wash and 20 min of baking later, these glorious treats came out of the oven. Of course you know I had to dust these with powdered sugar. Grin.

One bite and I felt transported to some quaint cafe on a cobblestone street in Europe.  These croissants are STELLAR!  Better than Oprah's favorite chocolate croissant from William Sonoma!  Serve them up for breakfast on Valentine's Day morning and your family will taste the *Love*.


Enjoy!

The Lemonista

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for providing us with such lovely content.
    Congratulations!

    @ChrisRibeiro

    ReplyDelete
  2. So timely - I am heading there today and will be picking up a box. Thanks for the tip - they look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog makes me really hungry! :-) Happy V-day! ♥

    I also wanted to stop by and let you know that I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award! ♥

    http://girlinterruptedbybooks.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. those just look so WRONG -but good. heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look delish, but sadly no Trader Joes near me! :(

    ReplyDelete