Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Grand Prize Winning BBQ Ribs in the Slow Cooker & A Fun Fashionista Find!

I'm always on the look out for a great new recipe.  My Mother-in-law got me a subscription to Taste of Home magazine for Christmas last year and I knew I had to give these these ribs a try the moment I saw them.  You will not believe how melt-in-your-mouth, sweet, tangy, tender, fall-off-the-bone fantastic these ribs are.  This is the best rib recipe I've ever tasted.  And best of all--they are simple to make!


You will need:


Taste of Home Magazine's Grand Prize Winner BBQ Ribs
2 racks pork baby back ribs (about 4.5lbs)
1 1/2 tsp pepper
2 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
3/4 cups cherry preserves
1 T. Dijon Mustard
1 garlic clove, minced

Cut ribs into serving size pieces; sprinkle with pepper. Place in a 5 or 6 qt slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over ribs.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Serve with the sauce.

Okay, to serve up these delectable ribs, I decided to try out my new Mackenzie-Childs plate.
http://www.mackenzie-childs.com/Tableware/Taylor+Ceramics/Odd+Fellows/Taylor+Trio+Server+-+Odd+Fellows.axd

Ain't she a beaut!  I think, by now, the cat is out of the bag that I have a romance with my dishes.  Grin. 
Now wait 'till you see what I'm gonna do to her...

I made corn on the cob, added fresh watermelon and served hot rolls smothered in honey butter to dip in the sauce. 
Of course, no BBQ would be complete without a little Cole slaw.


Now just look at this happy man eating his dinner.  (Makes the bill for that pretty plate oh so much more palatable.  Don't ya think.) Wink.



I am so excited to share this fashion find with you all!  My dear friend, Laurel, has ventured her own business with the creation of these adorable fabric flowers. 

Petal Pusher Accessories
http://petalpusheraccessories.blogspot.com/



There is so much cuteness at Petal Pushers, that I can hardly stand it!  I'll definitely be adding these beauties to Elyse and my spring jackets!  Yes, that's right...she makes Mommy & Me flower sets!




She also does custom orders and any of these flowers can be made into a headband!


Stop by her blog to see how you can add a little punch of color to your (or your daughter's) spring wardrobe.

I thought I'd leave you today with some funny pictures of our crazy neighborhood birds. 

My neighbors have a colony of wild tropical Lovebirds that live in their palm tree.  No one really knows where they came from and they are not native to Arizona, but these zany little birds have spent years drilling elaborate tunnels and holes.  They sound like high pitched parrots and the kids find them hugely entertaining.




I'd guess over fifty of these guys live in that palm tree.  They like my lemon tree too, but thankfully don't drill holes in it!

1 comment:

  1. OMG - so funny those birds. Maybe they are related to our crazy Cardinal!

    ReplyDelete